Sunday, May 24, 2009

2001 Scrap goodies

I may have broke my own record of combining a number of challenges on this layout - and a little 8 1/2 x 11 one at that! This is an old photo (2001) of a box of goodies I received when I was on the scrapbooking.com design team. I was completely overwhelmed by all that I received. I was living where there were no scrapbooking stores, and there was no internet shopping that I was aware of. I really hate to admit it, but looking at the photo now I realize that I used only a small portion of what I got. I dug some of it up to use on the layout - the Mustard Moon paper and the letter stickers. I may have to try to use a bit more of it!!

Today's challenge on Daily Inspirations was to scrap some scrapbooking related photos and this week's Scrapping Out Loud challenge was to scrap some crappy photos so I new instantly I could combine the two with this photo. I used the cut-out leaves to cover the high chair with the dirty tray, which covered Nicole's technique challenge on Scrapbooker's Clubhouse to do some cut work with a utility knife and Carla's challenge at Sisterhood of Scrap to add some embellishments or title directly on the photo. The colors and the bird came from Mix It Up's inspiration piece which is pictured below. And finally, I used Sketch #4 from So Sketchy, but I couldn't seem to link it here.







6 comments:

  1. Love it! Thanks for playing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. super cute pg...love that white background! thanks for playing!! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great lay out came from all those challenges combined together! Wow! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Joann! Your blog is NEAT! Gosh, hope it's alright I add you up. =) Thanks for joining our li'l BLOG HOP! Hope to hear from you again! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WTG on combining so many challenges! Isn't it amazing how much inspiration there is out there in web-land!!! LOL!

    Love your take on the MIU challenge! Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love what you have done for MIU and how you used the bird your lo, thanks for playing!!!

    ReplyDelete