Since today is the last day before the kids are home for summer, I decided to take a bit of time to play. I haven't done any embossing for awhile and I and also wanted to try something new and this tag is the result. The little squares of gold are made using my glue gun loaded with a gold glitter glue stick. I squirted some onto waxed paper, sandwiched it with another piece of waxed paper, then used a rolling pin to flatten it out. After the 'blob' cooled, I cut a few squares out of it. I'm sure it would also work in diecutting machine (but I don't have one). It's hard to see in the photo, but it looks pretty neat IRL.
The tag also qualifies for quite a few challenges:
- If the Shoe Fits asked for burgandy, gold & cream
- Paper play asked for Christmas in June
- Cute Card Thursday asked for a tag
- All sorts wanted you to use something with wings (angel)
- AND, since burgandy is a shade of purple, this works again for Pile It On