Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Glossy Box Dec 2014 review

Yes, I'm reviewing the December box now.  On February 10th.  I received it yesterday.  The same day I received my January box.  In February.  I purchased my subscription at the beginning of November.



Fortunately, after numerous eMails to customer service and personal messages through Facebook, they sent the box and also refunded the cost of it, so I'm further ahead.  What was further upsetting to me was the different excuses they gave - they had the wrong address on file (it was never wrong), they were waiting on a replacement product, it's shipping tomorrow, it's shipping next week. and lastly, they were out of boxes and I would get a past top box instead.  When I did finally get a tracking number (which never appeared on my account of via email, I got it through a PM on Facebook) I wasn't sure what I was getting.

I'm not sure whether to be thrilled I finally got it, or PO'ed because it came.  I'm pretty sure it came from the 'bottom of the crate' since the inside packing paper was ripped and the lid of the box of one item was ripped as well.



1.  Toni & Guy leave in conditioner.  100 ml - full size $17
Target carries this in the US for $11.
I have very dry hair so frequently use a leave in conditioner, so was happy to see this.




2.  Bellapierre Cosmetics Mineral Lipstick in Burlesque - full size $20
I love that this is a Mineral lipstick - what I don't love is the BRIGHT color!  I'm not sure I'll ever wear this.




3.  Ciate mini paint pot in All Aglow - full size $10
This is a very pretty color and would have been great during the Christmas season.  I'm sure it will be usable next year.  I love that it's free of all the 'bad' stuff in many nail polishes.  It's available at Sephora here (and possibly elsewhere) for the same price.




4.  Nuxe Masque Creme Fraiche de Beaute - full size $32
This is one of the products I really wanted to try.  I know that Shopper's Drug Mart carries this brand so if I like it I'll be able to get more easily.  I have sensitive, combination skin so always on the look out for something that's hypoallergenic or gentle on skin.  The lid of this box was ripped open, but the product appears okay.


5.  Rituals Cosmetics Miracle Hand scrub in Ginseng and Ginko Biloba - full size 2.5ml is $17
This should be nice to try on my hands and I'm also going to try it on my feet because this time of the year they need a little TLC too.  This doesn't seem to be available anywhere local so will be a nice treat.  It isn't a full size but it's a good size.




Verdict:

At the end of the day, I got the box for free which is good and I just hope this was my one and only bad experience with Glossy.  I wasn't happy with the shipping (obviously) or the communication (and false information) from Glossy.

Glossy hasn't been shipping to Canada for long, so I'm hoping this type of issue will be sorted out and things start running smoothly.  I like the products so am willing to try it again.  If I have another similar experience, I will be canceling though.

No comments:

Post a Comment