Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Glossy Box January review

I got my January and December Glossy boxes yesterday.  Yes, it's February.  Yes, I hope they get their shipping woes figured out soon.

December's review can be found here.  This is the January box:




1. Vichy Purete Thermale 3-in-1 One Step Cleanser - 1 oz - approx. value $3
full size is 6.7 oz and $19.50
This looks like a great cleanser, toner and make up remover in one.  It will come in handy on an upcoming vacation I just wish it had been larger.  It's nice to see Glossy is including products from Canada.  Shopper's Drug Mart carries this line so I should be able to purchase more if I like it.

2.  Skin&Co Roma - Sicilian Light Serum - 0.17 oz - approx value $8
This is $47 for 1 fl oz!! Expensive stuff.  This is a really small sample so I can't imagine how you'd be able to see much difference after only a few uses.  It's a brightening serum formulated to correct imperfections.  I need that but can't see myself purchasing this again nor seeing a difference in a few uses so this is a miss for me.




3.  Lollipops Eye Pencil in Goodbye Moon - full size $17.70
Unfortunately, the last thing I need is an eyeliner but this does look like good quality.  I think it will end up in my nieces birthday gift.

4.  Teez Trendy Cosmetics Flat stiff brush value $23.50
I did just purchase a new eye shadow brush but this one looks great so I may put the other in my travel bag or I may save this for my daughter who is just starting to wear makeup.


5.  Kueshi Revitalizing Face Toner - full size $13.30
I needed a toner so the timing on this was perfect.  This comes from Spain and is a blend of aloe vera and flower extracts.  I will start using this one immediately.  I doubt I will be able to purchase it locally if I like it.




Extra Item:  $40 Hello Fresh gift card
This company does not ship to Canada so this item has zero value to me.  It frustrates me they would even include it in the box when they are shipping to Canada.


Verdict:

I really like receiving the toner, two of the items were too small, it was nice to get a brush (even though I don't need it right now) and the eyeliner was something I will be giving away.  All-in-all, I wasn't thrilled with this box.  The cost to me after subscription, shipping & exchange was $32.  The value was about $65.  The toner, cleanser and brush were the only items of value to me though so I'm looking at a value pretty similar to what I paid so I didn't lose anything.


I will continue to subscribe and hope they get their shipping fixed.  Receiving January's box on Feb. 10th isn't great.  Receiving December's on Feb. 10th is unacceptable.

No comments:

Post a Comment