Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Thinking of you A.Audrey

My dear aunt was just diagnosed with breast cancer on Friday so I wanted to pop a card in the mail for her.
Kelly Jo posted the Color Chef Challenge #3 - Sunflower, Watermelon, Black & white. I thought these would be great "pick-me-up" kind of colors so used them on the card.
Also, Day 52's challenge at 365 cards was to use a blossom, a brad & a circle on a card. So I random stamped black circlular 'things' to create the background paper. The stamp was from an old CTMH booking set.
The card design was inspired by one of Dawn McVey's that I saw awhile ago and loved the look of. She is an amazing card designer!
I had hoped to take the card outside and get a good photo for a change since it's a bright & sunny day here, but with wind gusting to 70 km/hr that didn't work so well! Have to just settle for one taken near a window.


5 comments:

  1. What a perfect card to cheer up your aunt!!! And perfect for the challenge :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jo-ann this is gorgeous! The colors look fabulous together. I really like that black pattern paper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card joann....your aunt will love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is absolutely stunning!! Thanks for playing along. I totally plan to lift this card idea!
    I hope you enjoyed the color challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very beautiful, I am sure you aunt will love the card.

    ReplyDelete